Fish Oil Benefits
Ever wonder why so many people out there take fish oil supplements? Take a look at the health benefits and you’ll see why it’s important to consume fish oil in your diet.
- Fish oils are packed with Omega-3 fatty acids!
- Here is a quick break down of Omega 3’s: Our bodies cannot produce Omega 3-fatty acids so we must get it from the food we eat. The 2 important omega 3- fatty acid are DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid). Salmon, mackerel, and sardines are fatty fish that offer a good amount of Omega-3’s to our bodies. If you aren’t much a of a fish eater, then don’t worry, you can opt in for flaxseeds, chia seeds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and even canola oil to increase your omega-3 in-take. They are rich in another type of omega -3 fatty acid, but the body is still able to convert it to DHA & EPA.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for proper brain function, normal growth & development, inflammation, and more. Deficiencies in Omega-3 has led to many health issues – cardiovascular disease, mood disorders, arthritis, prostate cancer (which we will get into on Thursday’s Post), and other cancers.
Okay Back on track, here are several more health benefits of Fish Oil:
- Great for bone health! Fish oil aided in the absorption of calcium in the body and diminished the loss of calcium in urine. Promoting bone strength and growth!
- Do you suffer from horrible menstrual pain? You might need more fish oil in your diet.
- Increases levels of adiponectin in the bloodstream. This is a hormone that assists in regulating glucose in the body.
- Linked to lowering blood pressure
- Reduce Triglycerides
- Also slows the development of plaque in your arteries. Reducing the likelihood of a heart attack and/or stroke
- And more benefits that they are continuing to add to the list!
As you can see, fish oil has some wonderful things to offer our body. It is a beneficial in preventing multiple illnesses and preventing some major concerns such as, heart attacks. Though I highly recommend including omega-3 rich foods in your diet, be on the lookout for those that are “fake” or added into your foods. These don’t offer as much nutritional benefits to our bodies.
If you are unsure of how much Omega-3’s you should be consuming daily, feel free to email me or comment below. Everyone requires something a little different so I would prefer to get a little health background before I tell you how much to consume.
Thanks for reading and if you are not yet subscribed to the blog, make sure to do so now! You will find an email subscription box on every page of my website. Hope you have a wonderful week!