Eating Healthy + Traveling
Whether you travel for work or fun, eating healthy and traveling can be a tough combo. You have worked so hard to avoid those processed foods while in the comfort of your daily work & home life so don’t quit now! Just follow my tips below.
Many of the free breakfast buffets offered at your hotels are just filled with bad carbohydrates. Though many hotels have been including healthier options, it is very limited!
So try and come a little prepared.
- Throw a few packets of quick cook oatmeal or rolled oats in your bag.
- Use hot water from your coffee maker or the free milk provided at the breakfast buffet.
- Protein Powder is always a good idea! Super filling, slow digesting, and packed with fiber… the perfect meal replacement or snack.
- Once again use the free milk or water from the breakfast buffet.
- Microwaveable brown rice and/or quinoa.
- Protein bars to get you through the day!
- Tuna packets.
- No need to refrigerate until opened. These packets come original or flavored for convenience.
- Microwaveable Organic lentil Beans are loaded with fiber and flavor!
These will get you through the day and help you to avoid those pesky temptations!! I will often swing by the local grocery store and fill my hotel fridge with healthy options, but if you are traveling without refrigeration then the options above can be used without staying cold. What are your diet & traveling tips? I would love to hear them. Comment below.
Kim Shapira MS, RD