Benefits of Water
I’m sure you have heard a thousand or so times how you should drink more water, but do you know why? Water is the key to good skin, increasing your energy, aiding in weight loss, and so much more! Take a look at all these great benefits of drinking water!!
Increase Energy + Relieve Fatigue
- FUN FACT: Your brain is mostly water! Studies have shown that our brains are highly affected by it’s level of hydration. For example, dehydration can impair brain functions such as concentration, focus, mood, memory, and alertness. On the other hand, hydration, can naturally boost our energy and reduce fatigue! Instead of that mid-day coffee try drinking more water throughout the day!
Skin That Glows
- Making sure you take in enough water each day is vital to achieving nice, glowing skin. Having proper amounts of water will keep your skin moisturized, soft, smooth, and slows down the aging process. One of the best anti-aging treatments around! Your skin will look vibrant and youthful just from consuming water.
- Water is essential int he digestion process. Having issues with constipation? Maybe you are dehydrated! Try consuming more water and watch your body become more regular.
Say Bye Bye To Those Toxins
- Sweat out those yucky toxins, but don’t forget to re-hydrate with water! Consuming h20 will aid in flushing out toxins through urination & sweating. Reducing the risk of kidney stones and even UTI’s.
Promotes Weight Loss
- A natural appetite suppressant, raises your metabolism and is zero calories! Often when we snack we are just bored, so try replacing that bag of chips with a big glass of water. Increasing your intake to 2 liters of water per day can increase your overall energy expenditure by almost 100 calories per day. Want to burn extra calories just by drinking water? Drink cold water. Your body works harder to warm it up body temperature.
- It has been proven that those who consume more than the preferred dosage of water per day are less likely to catch the flu and heart attacks.
Good For Joints
- Proper hydration is key to keeping your joints lubricated and muscles more elastic. Say yay to less joint pain!
- Water promotes a healthy and happy body! When our body is hydrated and everything is flowing properly our overall mood is boosted.
Struggle with Headaches Often?
- Headaches, migraines, and even some back pain are all signs of dehydration.
- Alcohol is a diuretic, meaning it dehydrates you and causes thirsts, fatigue, and headaches. Though this is not 100% the cause of a hangover, it is a big portion, so the next time you go out drinking make sure to indulgence in a glass of water in between cocktails.
As you can see the lack of water consumption can cause several issues. Let’s try an increase our daily intake of water! Are you hitting your recommended glass per day?
Kim Shapira MS, RD